Monday 17 February 2014

First Post- How this Blog will work

The other day my friend told me to stop moaning about films on twitter (something of a rather regular occurrence). So, in order to keep the few followers that I have on twitter I have been persuaded into writing a blog instead. On this blog I will review films both new and old. I will also comment on award wins and other film related things.

For every film reviewed there will be a score out of 20 which will then be scaled down to a star rating out of 5. There will be three contributing factors to the score out of 20: enjoyability (out of 10), intelligence (out of 5) and technical* (out of 5). The reasoning for this is that these 3 factors generally govern how good a film is. The best of films will have high scores on all of them but films can be lacking in one department and still have a high score. For example the 2012 film Lincoln would score highly on intelligence and technical but would have a fairly moderate enjoyability score giving it a fairly high overall score. The Avengers Assemble however, would have both a high enjoyability and technical score but would lack in the intelligence department.

Anyway I hope to post fairly regularly but of course it will be dependent on how many films I watch.

*technical being good camera work, acting etc

No comments:

Post a Comment